Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meet Kyle...this kid is one of my favorite people in Peter Hall (the name of my building). His mother is a Chinese lady and I have played ping pong with her numerous times. It took me like 25 games to finally beat her and when I did it felt really good...not gonna lie. But Kyle has a name for me every time he see me "gege" (pronounced Gugu). That is Chinese for older brother. Kyles mother has taught him to call me and a few other guys big brother when he see us. It is one of the coolest things ever. Even he calls my friend Becky big brother somtimes...and thats just really funny.



This is a picture that was taken while I was in Thailand with my friend Steve Collins. We were snorkeling here on the island of Koh Tao and Steve has a camera that can go underwater so we were checking it out. I like this picture a lot






So as I said in my last post (over a month ago) I had signed up for a 5K. So here is a picture of me running this thing. The guy with me there is Alan. He is a student here who is a pretty cool kid. He ran the whole thing with me. I completed this thing without stopping and without walking...ok I had to walk two steps once at the halfway mark cause so many people in front of me decided to freeze for a few seconds. But I ran the whole thing in a little over 39 minutes. I was really proud of myself. 3.2 miles is a long way...or so I think.
So since my last post I have had a birthday. In this pic is Me, Amanda and Joel Porter, Lindsay Bryant and Joe Aranas. Becky, who cooked the food (Italian...oh soo good)took the picture for us. So we had a small get together for my birthday with a few of my friends.




I have been trying to get more involved with my students. So here my students wanted to go see a student of mine in the hospital then go skating. It was a lot of fun hanging out with these students. They all have a great personality and are a joy to be around. Oh and yes it was mid-late march here and I am wearing a jacket...in case you were wondering..i hate cold weather.



I have been playing lots of badminton over the past few weeks. So here students wanted to go paddle boating then go play badminton. It was a lot of fun. We went boating first then went to the park to just chill for a while. There is an arcade basketball game and for some reason I always draw a crowd when I play. The joys of being a foreigner.



This is part of the group that went boating. My shy class so hopefully this day will loosen up their shyness.









Soooooooo...in about 40 minutes I am gonna be heading to Shanghai....so hopefully I will post about the trip within the next week and not the next month. Take care guys...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey! i know i don't comment much, but do know that i read your blogs...enjoy them!! and think about you often!! i'm glad you getting this chance and are developing relationships there!!