Wednesday, March 18, 2009

5K and Butt Grabbing



It's official...I have signed up for a 5K...am I stupid or what? I might be stupid but it is another things I can add to my list of firsts. (Yes, I am keeping a list of firsts that I have done since I have come to China.) But I mainly see this as another opportunity to connect with students and teachers here at SIAS. So how am I preparing for this? Well, some of us have bought a membership to the SIAS gym so I have been doing mostly endurance workouts and lots of lower body workouts. I have also been running from time to time to try and make the 5K a little easier. I will still be tough because I have never ran that far before nonstop. But I think I will be alright when it's all said and done.

So on friday afternoon one of my classes wanted to go Roller Skating. So I gladly said yes because this class is a lot of fun for me cause they like to joke around (a huge plus cause some students don't understand joking around). So I met one of the students, Jennifer, and we walked to the skating rink to meet the other class mates. What a great time it was. I had not skated since high school so when I first started a couple of my guy students tried to reteach me but all the did was pull me around but I quickly got the hang out of it. One bad part happened though, one of my girl students fell while skating and she hurt her leg and had to go to the hospital and was not in class this week. So lets hope she gets better very soon. But there was this boy and girl (not sure if they were dating or not) but they are students of mine from another class who just happened to be skating that day. So the girl was alone watching everyone skate so I rolled over to talk to her. So I tapped her on the opposite shoulder and she looked but realized noone was there and that I had done it. So she was holding onto the bar on the side of the skating rink then she leaned over touched my butt the squeezed it. WHAT THE CRAP??? She giggled about it...I said to her that I would see her later then slowed skated away. What was I supposed to do? It was really awkward oh well...its all good I guess...or is it?

But this past weekend I went to the birthplace of Kung Fu. This place is about two hours away from here in a town called DongFeng. The place in this city is called Shaolin Temple. It was a really unique trip cause we got to see some beautiful scenery and seem some really cool kung fu stuff. I saw a guy throw a needle through a piece of glass to pop a balloon and saw a guy to push ups AND a hand stand on TWO FINGERS...now that strength.

But it was a cool trip and the best part about it....it was F-R-E-E

But everything is going really well here with me but keeping pr@ying for me guys...

I love you guys and I miss you and I will see you sometime in June

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Kerry!
butt grabbing...very nice. haha.
I made a list of firsts when I went as well, although yours is alot longer than mine because you have been there forever!
I am so proud that you are doing a 5K! look at you!!
well i just wanted to give you a shout out to let you know that i read your blogs! :)
have a great day. miss you kiddo!

Steven D said...

Hey Kerry!
Wow! What a story. Butt touching is a touchy issue. (haha)...

You should run the 5k with one finger. That would make it so amazing. love you brosuph.
-Steven D.

Anonymous said...

what is it with the Chinese and butt grabbing! I had the same thing happen to me when I was there! It was a complete stranger though. We were at the summer palace in Beijing, and one of the ladies selling postcards grabbed my booty and said, "beautiful!" haha. Allan Thompson has still not let me live that one down!