Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2 Weeks Into Year 2...

So it has been two weeks since I have landed in China. Things, for me, are going a little slow. I don't start teaching for another week or so. So a typical day for me looks something like this. Wake up sometimes from 10-11, eat lunch at 12, chill (maybe play tennis, download music,read a little, read sports news hang out with people), eat dinner at 6, then hang out more until bed time. On the weekend if the weather permits we play volleyball. We have been playing some really good volleyball over the past few weeks. I have been working on my hitting and its starting to improve.

The first week I didn't really do much. But my second was a little more busy. I was asked to get a 12 man roster for a Faculty Basketball tournament. This is a tournament when we the foreign staff play against the Chinese faculty. Last year the foreign faculty won both the Men and Women tournaments. I have also gotten a couple of massages. One massage was pretty rough...but sometimes I like it when they beat me up a little bit...and the other was a foot massage. I personally love the foot massage because they have this little cut and they spray some stuff in it and light it on fire and stick it to your feet. When it got to your feet it stick and the fire then goes out...and they just roll it around on your feet. Oh it feels so awesome. I was scared the first time because fire was involved. But it'll change your life..

Yesterday I woke up to a text that said to get three foreign teachers to play basketball that night. So I thought it was three on three so I asked the new teachers to play (who will also be in our tournament so they can get a feel of how the Chinese play). So I told the the new guys I would go with them but I wasnt going to play. So we get there and they told us it was five on five Sias Faculty (both foreign and Chinese) against some team. They asked me to play as well...I didnt have my ankle brace or good shoes on but I played anyways...I had 2 points (free throws) and our team won 84-83...its was pretty cool...

But today is Kinahs (a girl here) 15th birthday...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kinah...

Blessings

No comments: