Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Made It Back...

Sooo....As you probably already know I, Kerry Bryan, have made it back to Sias International University. I took about 48 hours total to get here and walk into the door of Peter Hall. But I just wanted to share a few things about my trip.

First:
As we (Me, Mom, Aunt Priscilla and Grandma) walked into the airport in Houston I see soccer players and didn't think anything of it. Then my aunt said she thought that was the Spanish National team but I didn't recognize any of the players...then I read their suits and it was the El Salvador National Team. So my first thought was HAHA...cause the day before Team USA had defeated El Salvador...but it was cool to see a National Soccer Team.

Second:
Dubai...I really want to visit Dubai...it looks amazing and the things I have read make me want to visit it even more. But...I had a nine hour layover in Dubai...so since it was so long I was allowed to go into a VIP lounge. I was supposed to only get four hours but the lady gave me five but...she let me stay as long as I wanted...it was awesome because there was free internet and all you could eat and drink....the food wasn't great but it was pretty good...

Third:
From Dubai to Beijing I flew over possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...The Himalayas. I had a window seat and I was curious where we were so I opened my shade. I could't believe it....About ten seconds later the captain of the plane came on the P.A. and told us where we were and how lucky our flight was because the weather was clear that day and it is really rare to have beautiful weather there. I was speechless...it took a while to fly over the entire mountain range but I kept the window shade up then entire time because I may never get a chance to see that again. I was a little sad cause I didn't have my camera on me to snap a few pictures so just look at pictures online...google it or something just to capture the beauty of The Himalayas.

But just wanted to let you know that I am back and thanks for all the pr@ ying...it's greatly appreciated and please continue to do that for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working on a new lists on 1st? Or would that even really be an option? "List of 1st during my 2nd year in China"... weird.