Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Early Christmas

"Shh, it's Kerry."

That is what my students said when I was a few steps away from entering my 8:00 class this morning. I should have noticed something was going on when two of my students were walking outside. I asked where they were going and they said, "We are going to get a camera." I wasn't worried about it because there was still ten minutes before class started. So I am getting my laptop set up for class, I am using a laptop this week because we are doing final exams and the exam is on my laptop, and one of my students said, "Kerry, our class got something for you." I thought they were doing some kind of joke to see what I would say. But no, they seriously got me a gift. I had no idea what it would be. So I get this bag and inside is a huge card and a Chinese flag. Wow, I was really excited. I asked this class how much a flag was and if the found a cheap one to please let me know. But they got it for me as a Christmas gift, along with a Pop-Up Christmas card that all my students signed that said:

Dear Kerry,
Thank you for teaching. We all love you very much. Best wishes for you. May you be happy and everything goes well!
From Accounting Three
December 2008

I have been wanting to get both an American Flag and a Chinese flag to hang up in my living room. When I go to Thailand, I would like to buy a Thailand flag as well. I probably wont hang it in my room but just to have it. Maybe that will be a collection. When I go to another country I would buy the flag for that country.

After this class, I took a good two and a half hour nap and woke up to catch the end of a really exciting Spurs and Mavericks game. When I woke up there was 1:47 left in regulation and my Spurs were up 2. But it went into overtime and then a second overtime. Then the Spurs pulled out a big win. I was glad that I was able to catch that.

Only 10 more days until Hong Kong, 17 until Bangkok.


No comments: