Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kerry Bryan is fine?

So meet the other classes I have....
1st photo is my Tuesday 8:00 class
2nd is my Wednesday 8:00 class
3rd is my Wednesday 1:30 class
4th is my Wednesday 3:30 class
5th is my Thursday 10:10 class
6th is my Thursday 1:30 class
____________________________________________________________________

So did the title of this post catch your eye? Hopefully so...I had my students do some informal evaluations of me this week and I asked five questions. So I did my best to find one great answer that caught my eye....Enjoy

Question 1:
What is the best thing about Freshman Oral English?
Best Answer:
"I like listening to you and talking with you because you are smart, kind and fine."

Question 2:
What do you not like about Freshman Oral English?
Best Answer:
"Speak English only" (I'm sorry student...the rules are speak English only...tough break)
Another good answer for this one is..."You can take us outside for class" (I am not allowed too...I would love to go outside for classes when it is sunny...sucks that I can't)

Question 3:
What are some things you have learned in Freshman Oral English?
Best Answer:
"I learn a lot. Maybe many. Just spilling out my brain. :) The way of speaking English, the food's difference Chinese and American and so on." (Yes...spilling the brain...I did not teach that...ps that is a word for word statement straight from the evaluation)

Question 4:
Do you think your English is better now?
Best Answer:
"Yes, of course. My ORAL English is more unadulterated than before" (I had to look up what unadulterated meant)

Question 5:
What can I (Kerry) do to make class better next year (term)?
Best Answer:
"Oh, Dear Kerry,
Don't worry about this. You did well, we all thank you for your effort and we all love you very much. As our first foreign teacher, you're great." (Only if my student could speak like this)

For question 5, many students wrote, ""You had better do____." Normally you had better teach us more slang and idioms. Or you had better learn more chinese for us. (I had better.....just funny to me)


Today one of my female students (One of my top 10 students for sure) stood up in front of class and have me a five minute speech on how the class has loved my class and how they are happy I taught them and put so much into teaching them....it really made me happy and made me all warm inside....it was good words to end my first semester of teaching on...

But......................................
I leave for Hong Kong in less than two days....and Bangkok in less than 9 days...gotta love adventure (I'm traveling the world TK)
____________________________________________________________________


Here are gifts from my classes:
1st photo is a gift from my Tuesday 8:00 class(Santa Hat with Tails)
2nd is gifts from my Wednesday 1:30 class (All kinds of Chinese food)
3rd is gifts from my Wednesday 3:30 class (Homemade card and food)
4th is gifts from Thursday 10:10 class (Giant Beijing Opera Mask and Handmade Paper Flowers)
5th is gifts from my Thursday 1:30 class (Beijing Opera Ashtray and Lighter, Candy and Stuff)





2 comments:

Andy Pfleger said...

unadultered HAHAHAHA hilarious!

Then... they say "it's cool, we understand, it's your 1st time being a foreign teacher, don't worry"

Students! Gotta love'em

Unknown said...

kerry! i love it! i love that you are traveling the world and that you are being a light!