Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome back Teacher

Meet George...George is a guy who I met last semester and taught him to say Homie. George is my homie. He is a great guy and full of humor. One of my favorite students at Sias.

But...the Spring Semester has officially begun. After nine weeks of having absolutely no responsibility it felt good to actually have something to do. Don't get me wrong, I love to sleep in but usually there isn't much today when ya wake up. But I had three classes today that went pretty well. I have one class that I have a hard time trying to get them to speak. But, hopefully I will be able to get them to do it soon..that way it helps their grade. This week our topic is "Back from the holiday" so I will basically spend nine classes talking about my vacation and listening to their holiday stories. But I am doing two truths and a lie, and they have to be about the vacation. So far they seem to enjoy it and hopefully the students will continue to enjoy it. But...just wanted to share with you guys about the semester...I have high expectations this semester...but I have some tough decisions to make very soon...hopefully the Father will show me what doors to walk through concerning next year...Do I come back to China? Do I go to another country? Do I find a job in America?

I have set a few goals for this semester and I will share:
1. Get more involved with Purpose (Bee eye bee L E studies and what not)
2. Build better relationships with other teachers and workers in Peter Hall
3. Build more relationships with my students (It opens opportunities and good friendships)
4. Drop some pounds...started running and soon will get a gym membership here..got a couple workout buddies so it helps..

Anyways...I love you guys...I miss you...and will see ya sometime in June...

No comments: