Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sooo...Update from ME!

So..things at Sias have been kind of hectic for many teachers here....but not me. If you are a fan of NCAA Basketball and March Madness in America..then let me tell you about CUBA. CUBA, said one letter at a time (C-U-B-A), is basically just like the NCAA Basketball tournament. So, Sias is hosting one of the regional tournaments. They had a new gymnasium built for this occasion and it actually looks pretty good. But they have asked us, the foreign teachers, to do a performance for the opening ceremony so some of the teachers helped out and did the performance. Me, I happily declined and I am really happy I did because some of the teachers were bitter and angry cause of the practice times and all the busy stuff that was crammed into the last week or so, along with teaching....so I am very happy I did not participate. But, along with bitterness, angryness, whatever you wanna call it, I do get angry but I try to stay away from getting angry cause I hate it...I hate the way people act when they are angry/bitter...so I avoid it as much as possible. But I have been playing games for the past 22...almost 23 years of my life...and game are extremely fun...I love games...but there is a line between fun and competitiveness. When competitiveness overpowers the fun..thats what I shut down from the game. Dont get me wrong, I wanna win, but I wanna have fun while trying to win. But all my life there is always someone/something who robs me, sometimes others, of that joy of having a good time. If you know me, then you know I love to smile, joke around and I enjoy making people laugh. So please...be considerate of others when you say things. In fact, when you are playing a meaningless game, dont get some serious. Anyways, sorry about that had to get that off my chest.
But, the past week I was invited to join a facebook group by a good buddy of mine, Andy Frazier. The group is reading three chapters of the GOOD BOOK ;) each day until we finish it. We are currently on the 28th chapter of the first book and I have read things I had never read before...strange things. Also, I have joined a study on the Song of Songs...so maybe I can actually make sense of the book...even thought most of it is talking about body parts and stuff like that. But I hope I will get a better understanding of what its about. But...I have finished two weeks of teaching so far...our lessons so far have been 1) Back from the holiday and 2) News and Issues....next week our lesson is I Love This Machine....and I have no idea what to teach...itll work out im sure...I just hope it doesnt suck.
But this weekend and next week I will hopefully get to watch some CUBA games during my free time and hang out with some students and get some reading done.

Just a little update on me....hope you enjoyed...

Happy Everyday (as my students say to me)

Love you guys

No comments: