Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not a bad weekend

So...this weekend has been relaxing and all that good stuff. PS...I love three day weekends...one of the best things about working here at SIAS University. Friday I had to wake up early to go to the PSB but then we got back to eat lunch and shortly afterward I took a nap. 4 hours I slept...it was ridiculous...I missed some good volleyball because I slept so long..oh well. So I had dinner that night in Peter Hall (where I live) with some cool peeps. I ask everyone what they were doing that night and the girls were doing a ladies night while the guys were doing a guys night. I was looking forward to it. We met at 7:00 in the lobby to do whatever. We were gonna go watch a movie but instead we went to this little park down the street to try and drive some go carts. They were not open...but this little park had other things to do. They had these balloons on a wall and a little bb guns to shoot them with. It was really cheap and pretty entertaining. I tore them poor balloons up. Steve, a guy I was with, decided to shoot me while we were doing this. Right in the butt. Glad those things were not powerful. Then we went to these arcade type thing where they had bigger guys to shoot targets. Some targets were stationary and some were moving. It was too expensive...even for here. So Steve, who was working really hard to bargain, asked if we could take the bb guys in the woods and shoot each other. They guy could not speak English but he knew what we were talking about but would not allow us to do it. Steve kept asking him and the little kid who was there was laughing at us. So then we left the park and found this little arcade. Not much to do, or so we thought. We played a moto racing game, which by the way I suck at, so after that we left. Walking back I bought a beanie for 15 yuan. Oh, when they were telling me about the price I thought the lady was saying 50. I happily declined that. I was even doing numbers on my hand. 5-0? I kept asking and she was saying yes. But what she was really saying was 15...but if she was saying 15 why would you say yes to 5-0? Oh well...so I got a nice beanie for 15 yuan. Then we guys went up to see the new restaurant they build across from SIAS. It is really nice and fancy in there but the English is only in Chinese. So if I go I will have to go with a student to eat. We then left there and was gonna go play some pool. The place was way too smoky. It was worse than bars and pubs in the states...so we left. I called Andy to see if he wanted to join us...he wanted to go to an arcade. We are going there and it is the same exact arcade. We thought the place sucked the first time. We then sat down at a machine. We did not know the first time we came here that you had to turn the video game on yourself. It was awesome. Each machine had all these old school games we used to play as a kid. It was elementary school all over again. Such a good time enjoying the kid in us...We then left the arcade and went to a massage place. I wasnt gonna get one but I thought about it and decided I could do one. I got a back massage and man it felt so good. The girl did a good job on my back then she massaged my head and some of my face...man...it was wonderful. Oh girl did wonderful. Then we called it a night and came back to Peter Hall...oh course I took a 4 hour nap that day so I was up real late.

Saturday was a just chill day. I did all my laundry including all my dirty clothes, sweaters/hoodies and my bedding. I love when I get to sleep on a bed with clean sheets. Always a good feeling. Did not do to much after that. Went to dinner at Charlies with Shea, Matt, Gabe and Sarah Willson. Then came back and Sarah Suttles Joined us for either a game or movie. We decided to play Guesstures. It was pretty fun. After that I just chilled in my room and looked a flights to Hong Kong and Thailand to see what would be cheaper since I need to get my visa done. I think I am going to get my visa done in Thailand. I am really excited about it too.

Today...allergies/sinuses killed me today. I did not go to Power Hour this morning and I did not go to Kid Castle either. But I attempted to play volleyball with the others here. It went well until the sun went down. It was too dark. Went to dinner afterwards with Joe, Coral, Jared, Heather, Kim, Ole, Kat, Twomey, and Becky. I had never been to this place before but it was pretty good. I love tang cu li ji (sweet and shower pork), I only know the chinese name cause some of my students wrote it on my board in my living room. But we had that with our meal. So so good. Then I came back to lesson plan and that did not take long. But ESPN Australia was showing NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad so I worked on my lesson plan and watched some TV. Now I am finished with my lesson plan and all I have to do is do a chart with the V sound. This week we are teaching freshman about Dr. Visits. and I am gonna teach the V sound this week.

Anyways, gonna make my chart and chill for the rest of the night.

Holla

No comments: