Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Celebration

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family back in the USofA. I hope you were able to enjoy some delicious food and enjoy the time with your family. Thanksgiving here was very eventful....so much fun. Starting at 9:30 am we had an American Football tournament (I say American Football cause that is what I have to tell my students). This tournament was called The Turkey Bowl. We had four teams in the tournament so we only played two games. Both games we played came down to the wire...seriously..to the end. Our first game was tight the entire game, we went into overtime to take the win on a last second touchdown pass from Steve to Joel as time expired. We won by one score and went on to play in the championship game. This game was not as close as the first game at first. We went into halftime of this game with a 4-2 touchdown lead. The second half, our opponents made a push for a comeback. They made their come back and took the lead at one point but with a little more than a minute remaining in the game the score was knotted up 6-6. We picked the defense apart to get into close range of winning the game. It was down to the final play of the game, time was all out. Once again Steve throws a bullet of a pass really low to Joel who is double covered. Joel goes to his knees and makes the catch. We win the game and The Turkey Bowl Championship. It was so much fun.

After The Turkey Bowl was Thanksgiving day lunch. Sias Cafe, a restaurant on campus here, prepared a delicious Thanksgiving feast for the foreign faculty. Yes a feast, they had provided s much food. Pasta, rice, potatoes (baked and mashed), gravy, pork, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, beef and most of all TURKEY. It was so delicous and I ate with some really awesome people. Andy and Lacy, Steve and Rachael and Joel and Amanda. Yes, three married couples...but they are a blast to hang out with. Took pictures with people, I tried to charge my camera while we were playing football but the charger only works when it wants to work. So yesterday it did not want to work, but I got about four pictures before the camera died so I will post them later today. Then I had to do the traditional Thanksgiving Nap....oh I slept for a few hours and woke up about thirty minutes before dinner. So I took a shower then went down and had some mexican food in our cafeteria. It too was really good, Thanksgiving Day was just a day of good food.

After dinner Andy came and found me to tell me something and was going to dinner so I told him I would go with him but I would not eat. He said he was gonna go to HotPot so I knew it would be a struggle to not eat there. I love the noodles at this place, they are some of the best noodles I have ever tasted. So I gave into my desires and ate some of the noodles, which let to eating some of the other food which led to me eating too much. Oh well...we finished eating there and came back.

Something that I had said at lunch reminded Racheal of a line from Napolean Dynamite. So she asked if we wanted to watch Napolean Dynamite. So we all said yes, so when we got back from HotPot the people from lunch went to Andy and Lacys room to watch Napolean Dynamite. The movie was funny and we had fun watching the movie. Then after the movie I went down stairs and talked to mom for a while on skype and Jenn got on for a little while. Then after talking on there for a long time I came up to my room and read sports stuff then went to bed.

That was my Thanksgiving day so hopefully yours was very eventful just as mine was...

Holla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude thats pretty awesome. ill keep lifting you up... will you be able to come home for Christmas? Super Glad your Thanksgiving was great.

Kyle

lacy said...

you yourself and julie "singled" you out! haha like the play on words :)