Monday, October 13, 2008

First Students

I had my first group of students come over to my room today. We talked about English we talked about Chinese, they taught me a few things but honestly I already forgot. She wants to learn better English so hopefully I will be able to provide a good base for them. I have a group coming over tomorrow at 10 so hopefully that was be fun as well. Sunday night I did my lesson planning and was gonna try and use what I had...nope...I woke up Monday with an E-mail from Tara, a lady I work with, it was the lesson she was using. So I looked at it, looked at the material and I loved it. So I used it and it worked really well. This week our topics are Describing a Location and Asking for Directions. They have to do all this in English so some students can be poor and some are pretty good. I am teaching my students this week a few things in slang and an idiom. Of course, that it was I do every week, but every English teacher does it. The students love them, especially the slang. It is always fun to hear your students say things you taught them. But anyway...today is Ole and Amys birthday, both are people I work with, so happy birthday to them. In the words of 50 Cent..."We gonna party like its ya burthday"...I wont sing the rest but happy birthday to them even though they probably do not read this thing. Oh well, I am out to find something to do....Holla

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you MUST teach your students :

"HOLLER!"
and
"HONEY"

lol...