Saturday, October 11, 2008

Soo

Right now Zach is installing a driver that will hopefully allow me to have sound on my computer. I hope. If not...well I guess we will have to try something else. I stinks to have video and and all that jazz but not to be able to hear it. Today, a big group of us went to Zhongzhou to do some shopping, mostly for fabric. We went to a huge fabric market first because at the end of the month we have this week long event "Culture Week" where we do performances and all that jazz. So we had to get fabric to make out outfits. I am helping with Europe day by being Highlander and either Hanz or Franz. It should be an experience to say the least. It will be fun but that week will also be stressful on some. The fabric market was actually more fun than I thought it would be, yes I said fun. I enjoyed seeing the little kids running around playing with other and when they would see me they would just stare as if I were some sort of monster or something. Before we left, a small group of kids were in front of one of the fabric places and they were all staring, so I said Ni hao (pronounced knee how..its hello in Chinese). They just gave me a blank start so I would smile and nothing would happen, still they were giving me the monster stare. But one little girl would inch closer to me and she was really silly. She started talking Chinese to me but all I know is Hello and Thank You. So thankfully, a few minutes later our translators came from other fabric place and they would translate for me. It really is good to have a translator in situations like that cause the kids were really friendly. The little boy was really funny, I didn't have to say anything to him I would just look at him and he would laugh and hide. The translators told me that boy really likes me. I do what I can.

But if you have skype I would like to have your skype info so maybe one day we can have a chit chat one day. So if you read this, leave a comment with your skype info for me. HOLLERRRRRRRR

1 comment:

Unknown said...

skype huh?-well i just got skype my username thing is "jenniferkconn"
...
i have to say, though- i have no idea about abything about it !!!! hahaha...is it free?...
k-well email me your skype name thing.
-jenn