Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Second group of students

Today has been a good as, the my other days here at Sias have been. I went to class this morning from 8:00-9:50 with my first group then I came back here to meet with some of my students at 10:00 this morning. Yesterday when I spoke with my students it was a little awkward and dead. Today, however, was the complete opposite. I came into this meeting with nine students thinking it was going to be awkward and tedious. The meeting was really good and very enjoyable for me, and I hope the students I met with felt the same. They all had questions for me about different things and I was never asked the same question twice. They asked me about the difference between the cultures of America and China, they asked me about food, they asked what would I like to know more about of the Chinese culture. I had a few students here that were not my students but where friends of my students. They also had questions for me so I answered them the best I could. Both times the meetings have started of with them saying it is very difficult for them to talk to a foreigner (me). Yes I am a foreigner and it is not a bad thing at all. But I talked with my students for about an hour and a half about whatever topics came up. We even talked about Christmas, I thought that was kind of cool but we did not go deep into that discussion. So they left, and I got on skype and I tried to talk to Jenn but we were having technical difficulties so we are going to try and talk later on. I had class at 1:30-3:20 and 3:30-5:30 then we had dinner and now I am here. So I am going to get out of here and go talk with some friends/co-workers.
Holla

No comments: