Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Visit To Your Foreign Teacher

Our topic to teach this week is Visiting Your Foreign Teacher. So I have my students do a skit involving three questions. Question 1, What would you be interested in talking to your foreign teacher about? Question 2, What are things you should not talk about with your foreign teacher? Question 3, What is good etiquette when visiting your foreign teacher? For those of you that do not know, I am their foreign teacher. So I take answers from each group and write them on the board to help them with their skits, kind of like a guideline I guess. Question one you get the same answer every time, its always culture differences, food and sports/hobbies. One girl even said I would like to talk about your baby. I told all my classes I had a niece who is a few months old that is my brothers baby. She must have heard me wrong, I told her she was my brothers baby and she laughed. It was funny. For question 2, I usually get the same answers, such as Salary/Income, Secrets and Girlfriends/Boyfriends/Marriage. Question 3 I usually get a variety but some answers are the same. I usually get replys such as, call before you come and smile. One class said we should bring gifts, I laughed and joked with them how that was such a good answer. Then I told them you do not have to bring gifts when you come see me. One girl in that class has come to talk to me once last week and came again today. She took the gift thing seriously and brought me apples and these Chinese decorations. Her roommate, who is not a student of mine, came with her and she brought me some stuff to make hot tea with. It was very sweet of them.

Here is a picture of the things they brought me:



















The stuff in the baggie is not drugs, its the stuff to make hot tea. I know it looks suspicious but it is safe. Hopefully it tastes good like it did at the Hot Tea place I went to at the Beijing Airport.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that little bit ya. Now I am gonna try and find something productive to do. HOLLA!!!

No comments: