Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The year has begun

I began my teaching at an English teacher at Sias University. Two days have gone by with only more days to teach in this week. The students I have are good and most have laughed at my lame jokes. Oh well, I gotta do what I gotta do. Lets start with my first ever class. So noted two things about myself during our 10 minute break of this class and said I need to repeat more and more clear. I got a lot of blank stares from students and that was not good. Oh well, I tried to teach them what a skit was so the students could perform a skit in class about about the Classroom Expectations (rules), yeah...it didn't work out like I planned. So I tossed that part of the lesson plan. I realized that I was speaking to fast for the students so I had to change that part about me. My second class went well, students were starting to understand me a little bit into the class and they began to talk a little, and my third class on monday was about the same at the second class. But today, I only have one class on tuesdays (8:00 am), my students did a really good job. I had a group of students who could speak good English so it made it easier on me as the teacher. I still did not do the skit though. I did idioms in all my classes and my monday classes did not fully understand. But on tuesday, the class picked it up within about a minute and they loved it. I gave them an idiom, partnered the students up to talk about what they thought it might mean, and afterwards I explained what it meant. They loved it. They all laughed when the found out the meaning of the idioms I used. Anyways, I dont really have much to do so I am going to find something to do....maybe pingpong?

No comments: