Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This weekend...

I am really excited about this weekend. At 7:30 in the morning we are going to be going to Xi'an to see the Terra Cotta Soldiers. This is one of those really cool events that rarely happens to someone. But this week has been really wonderful. I got to hang out with the group I am with and really get to know them and their past. It is always excited to me to hear how things have gone on in someones past and how got to where they are now. I am currently doing laundry up on the 6th floor, the roof of my building, and the dryers are really not cooperating with me very well. I plan to wake up at 6 ish in the morning to get ready to go to Xi'an so I hope the soon, 30 minutes tops, that my laundry drys really fast. If not, I guess I will just have to wait. It's all good though cause we are taking a bus and we will be shoulder to shoulder for eight hours so I am sure I will get plently of sleep on the way. Anyways, short post today, I just wanted to let ya know what is going on and hopefully next time I will be able to provide you with some interesting stuff about Xi'an

2 comments:

Kayla said...

hey kerry, don't know if you remember me from ETBU a while ago but i just stumbled upon your blog!! so cool you moved to china!! i moved to Qingdao about three months ago and i'll be here for 4 years to teach for 2 years and study chinese/finish masters degree the other two...Qingdao is in Shandong province (n.e. china on the ocean/and on a peninsula). I'm teaching at an international school and also coaching and taking chinese classes...how are you adjusting?? thank goodness for national NINE day holidays, huh?? Good luck!!

Unknown said...

HEY!!! WOW!!! So ,i've not read your blog in a few days...but it seems that you're doing really well...

the toilet paper story is a little unfortunate...lol...but-it's all used for the same purpose right?! HA!

i wanna know how your eight hour trip went!!!! :)
-Jenn
a.k.a.-Honey -ha-